SCLC-KC Hosts Mass MLK Day Celebration & Issues Call for Reparations
SCLC-KC is hosting one of the most anticipated civil rights events of the season. The post SCLC-KC Hosts Mass MLK Day Celebration & Issues Call for Reparations appeared first on Kansas City Defender.
The Beacon of Legacy – As we enter a new year filled with challenges and opportunities, the Southern Christian Leadership Conference of Greater Kansas City invites you to one of the most anticipated civil rights events of the season.
- The annual mass convening is among Kansas City’s largest Black, civil rights events. It is dedicated to uplifting and honoring rising community leaders, and remembering the radical, unapologetic spirit of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.
- The event takes place on January 15th at 6pm. Located at Jamison Memorial Temple CME – 3115 Linwood Blvd, Kansas City, MO.
A Special Homecoming – This occasion will be illuminated by the insights of Ajamu Webster, a distinguished engineer and community leader, freshly returned from Ghana, West Africa.
- As the keynote speaker, Mr. Webster brings a wealth of knowledge and an impassioned call for progress, reparations and more – connecting the African diaspora’s experiences to our collective journey towards justice.
A Legacy of Leadership – Hosted by the Southern Christian Leadership Conference of Kansas City, under the guidance of Dr. Vernon Howard, a venerated leader in the quest for justice, this celebration is more than an event – it is a call to action.
- The event is a rallying point for those who stand against the tides of oppression and instead for the liberation of Black people.
Lasting Impact – Reflecting on last year’s Mass MLK Celebration, where our very own Executive Editor, Ryan Sorrell, received the National Community Service Award, we know the power such gatherings hold.
- They are not just a tribute, but a catalyst for change, urging each of us to play our part in the grand tapestry of our community’s history and future
Reserve your seat at the Jamison Memorial Temple CME and join hands with fellow seekers of justice.
For more information, please visit SCLCKC.org.
The post SCLC-KC Hosts Mass MLK Day Celebration & Issues Call for Reparations appeared first on Kansas City Defender.