A lot of rain and highs in the 90s in forecast this week

Virginia

Southeast / Virginia 23 Views

A likelihood of rain is expected each day this week, which will have daily highs in the lower 90s with the heat index reaching into the lower 100s, according to the National Weather Service.

A 50 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms is forecast for Monday, particularly after 2 p.m. Otherwise, skies are expected to be partly sunny and the high should be near 92 degrees, but the heat index value may reach as high as 101 degrees.

The chance of showers and thunderstorms is expected to decrease to 30 percent going into Monday night, which should be mostly cloudy with a low around 74 degrees.

Afternoon showers and thunderstorms are likely on Tuesday as a 60 percent chance of precipitation is forecast. Skies, meanwhile, are forecast to be partly sunny, and the high should be near 91. The chance of showers and thunderstorms is expected to remain the same going into Tuesday night, which should be mostly cloudy with a low around 74.

Showers and thunderstorms are likely on Wednesday as a 70 percent chance of precipitation is forecast. Otherwise, skies are expected to be mostly cloudy, and the high should be near 89. The chance of showers and thunderstorms is expected to decrease to 40 percent going into Wednesday night, which should be cloudy with a low around 74.

A 70 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms is forecast for Thursday, which is expected to be mostly cloudy with a high near 89. The chance of showers and thunderstorms is expected to decrease to 40 percent going into Thursday Night, which should be cloudy with a low around 74.

A 60 percent chance of showers and thunderstorms is forecast for Friday, which is expected to be mostly cloudy with a high near 89. The chance of showers and thunderstorms is expected to decrease to 40 percent going into Friday night, which should be mostly cloudy with a low around 75.

On Saturday, showers and thunderstorms are likely as the chance of precipitation is expected to be about 60 percent. Skies, meanwhile, are forecast to be mostly cloudy, and the high should be near 91.

The National Weather Service issues the official forecast for Alachua County and surrounding areas. The Sun uses AccuWeather forecasts on its weather page, which are sometimes different than official weather service predictions.

Reviews